Although the application form for the NEET 2020 Exam will most probably be available in the month of November 2019, it is wise to know the important requirements for filling the NEET 2020 exam application form in advance.
Nationality Requirement for NEET 2020
Candidates with the following nationality can appear for NEET 2020 Exam:
- Overseas Citizenship of India (OCI)
- Persons of Indian Origin (PIO)
- NRI and Foreign Candidates
Age Requirement for NEET 2020
A candidate must not be younger than 17 years and not older than 25 years as or on 31st December of the year of the admission. For the candidates who belong to the reserved categories enjoy age relaxation for 5 years, which means the maximum age limit for such candidates 30 years.
How Many Times Can Candidates Appear for NEET Exam?
The NEET authorities have made some changes in the number of attempts for NEET-UG 2020. As per the recent notification, a candidate can appear in as many times as he/ she wants within the given age limit. Earlier, candidates could only apply for the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test Exam three times only.
Educational Qualification Requirement for NEET 2020
A candidate must clear his/ her 10+2 or HSC with at least 50% (40% for OBC/SC/ST candidates). He/she must have cleared Physics, Chemistry and Biology subject with at least 50% in aggregate. In case of PH/PWD category – a candidate needs to score 45% marks if he/she belongs to Gen-PH and 40% if he/she belongs to SC-PH/ST-PH/OBC-PH.
How much Do I Need to Pay as Application Fee for NEET UG 2020?
A candidate needs to pay Rs. 1400/- to complete the application process. The candidates belonging to SC, ST and PH categories need to remit Rs.750/-.
Important Documents Required for NEET 2020
- The scanned copy of your recent photograph. It should be in JPG format and file size must be between 10KB and 100KB. Make sure that the photograph is taken with a white background and the candidate’s name and date of photo taken must be mentioned at the bottom of the Photograph.
- The scanned copy of your signature. It should be in JPG format and file size must be between 3KB and 20KB.
Requirement for Aadhaar for the NEET Applicants 2020 –
The aadhaar card is not mandatory for the NEET exam 2020.
Additional Tips to Keep in Mind While Filling NEET 2020 Application Form –
- Using prefixes in the name of Mother or Father is not allowed.
- Name, date of birth, gender must be as per Aadhaar card or correction request.
- Mobile number and email address must be provided when asked.
- Remember to note down the registration number for future correspondence.
- Make sure to keep your debit/ credit card or net banking credential ready to make the payment of fees.
- Keep a copy of the fee payment and confirmation page safe for future correspondence.
These are some of the important requirements to consider when filling the application form for NEET 2020.